What You Need to Know About Baggy Eyes & How to Treat Them
Posted on 01 April 2020
Have you ever looked in the mirror only to see puffy, baggy eyes staring back at you? While everyone gets dark undereye circles from time to time, some people are more likely to be plagued by this problem, which can get worse with age. Luckily, there are some skincare tricks to help reduce the texture and appearance of them. Let’s dive into some of the causes of baggy eyes and how you can treat them.
The Underlying Issues
Some undereye bags are temporary and have nothing to do with genetics or aging. For example, if you are ill, suffering from allergies, tired, or dehydrated, you may have dark circles or baggy eyes. Too much sodium or alcohol consumption can also make your eyes puffy and swollen. On the other end of the spectrum are causes that are out of your control, like the fine lines, wrinkles, and pronounced fat pads that come with age, or uneven skin tone and darkness that may run in your family.
Easy on the Eyes
While you may elect to have surgical or noninvasive procedures to help reduce under eye circles and puffiness, you may prefer more conservative treatment options that can still make a difference in baggy eyes. Here are a few suggestions:
- Stay hydrated by drinking more water, and limiting alcohol and salt intake
- Get plenty of rest and try to sleep on your back
- Use cold, damp tea bags or a cold compress to reduce inflammation
- Apply an eye cream daily and/ or nightly, such as our Day-to-Night Eye Gel or Age Defense Eye Cream, to nourish and brighten the delicate skin under your eyes
- Use an eye cream with retinol, alpha hydroxy acids, or peptides to encourage collagen production and reduce fine lines and discoloration, such as our Age Defense Eye Cream
- Apply sunscreen consistently to prevent more damage - click here to get notified when our new SPF 50 Sunscreen Cream becomes available!
Check out the entire line of Body Merry skincare products to fight the signs of aging from head to toe.
From our eye creams to body moisturizers, we can help you take care of your skin.