Make Your Mom Feel Special this Mother’s Day
Posted on 10 May 2019
Mother’s Day is one of our favorite occasions, since it reminds us to honor and celebrate some of the most important people in our lives: our mothers. It became an official holiday in the United States in 1914, when President Woodrow Wilson designated the second Sunday in May a national holiday to honor mothers, and it has remained one of our most beloved holidays ever since.
And while we think Body Merry products make perfect gifts for the mothers you’d like to celebrate, we also think it’s important to recall that Mother’s Day is not about gifts or commercial items, but rather is about honoring the moms in your life with a simple message letting them know how important they are to you.
In fact, the founder of Mother’s Day in the United States, Anna Jarvis, petitioned to make Mother’s Day an official holiday in honor of her own mother, Ann Jarvis, who spent much of her life volunteering in service of others. Like her mother, Anna Jarvis felt that the best way to observe Mother’s Day was with personal gestures such as a handwritten note or card expressing love and gratitude to ones mother for all they’ve done.
So even if you decide to give the special moms in your life a gift of appreciation, be sure to accompany it with a handwritten note letting them know how much they mean to you.
And if you want to make the day extra special, here are a few more ideas you can try out:
- Let her sleep in (and then bring her breakfast in bed)
- Create a list that highlights the most important things you’ve learned from her
- Give mom the day off - step in and do all the work around the house
- Create chore ‘coupons’ that mom can redeem for help whenever she wants
- Cook her favorite meal together
- Pull out old photos and spend time going through them together - it will spark lots of memories and conversation
- Donate to your mom’s favorite charity (or better still, volunteer together)
Whatever you decide to do, make sure mom knows how extra special she is.
Happy Mother’s Day!